Google+

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Alphabeat

You may have noticed from past posts that I am nostalgic in many of my musical choices, drawing from the past's artists as some of my favorites. And it's true; some of my favorites musicians are the Carpenter's, ELO, ABBA, the Beatle's, Dolly Parton, and Queen, just to name a few. But about two years ago, I was introduced to a modern group by my friend Sierra (who has quite a choice in music, may I add) that I really enjoy and can hold at equal interest to these nostalgic names.

Alphabeat, a group of six originating from Denmark, is everything I want in a group. An easy blend of male and female vocals, contrasting tidbits of music, fantastic lyrics, and some marvelous chord progressions. What's not to like? Oh, and they draw from the 80's, for their first album, and 90's, for their second album, for inspiration. I can always agree with that. The members of the group are Anders SG, Stine Bramsen, Anders B., Rasmus Nagel, Anders Reinholdt and Troels Hansen, all of which have unquestionable talent.

Just take a listen! This was my first song I heard of theirs. "10,000 Nights"


I thought it was very catchy and unique in some of the lyrical phrasings. One line I especially like is, "I was not looking for arty-farty love." And that they mentioned Wuthering Heights in the song doesn't hurt, either.

So basically my obsession started escalating from there, although it was hard at times. They haven't gone "global," so to speak; in turn, their music isn't available for download on any music sites (iTunes, Amazon, etc.), yet I had to order the CD. I was all too willing to order and receive from Europe, so that's what I did. I did this for the second CD when it came out too. Their tunes are that good.




And their style choices are so astounding as well, don't you think? Look at Stein's clothing in all of her videos. They're reminiscent of the past but so modern. (Those past four songs were from their first album, Alphabeat. They were supposedly inspired by 80's music. The next batch of songs are from their second album The Beat Is, which is inspired by 90's music.) Pay special attention to "DJ (I Could Be Dancing)." The first one. It's my favorite.




I feel they're the modern-day ABBA, which makes me happy. Have you noticed that the happiest music comes from Denmark?

They have great style, some kickin' dance moves, and some beats. Check 'em out! P.S. Thanks Sierra! :)

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...