Google+

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Hills Are Alive


Suddenly, for no apparent reason, I have a want to watch the Sound of Music. Whether this has to do with my current read right now (Jane Eyre) and the parallels of the governess' stories, I don't know. But I definately need to see this Julie Andrews classic.

And the reasons are really endless why I want to watch it. For one, it's a musical. Nothing helps a story along like music, I must admit. Secondly, Julie Andrews is in it. She's amazing. Third, it originally came in a two-VHS package. These kind of movies are always the best. Pearl Harbor, Titanic, SOUND OF MUSIC. Yeah. So pretty much. Also, I just can't seem to get the "So Long, Farewell" song the kids sing as they go to bed out of my head.


It could be because of the sweeping cinematography. The opening is the best, as is obvious from all the spoofs that it has swept up since its release. This one by Kristin Chenoweth is by far my favorite:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiJhKfGKwFI

Maybe it's because Brad Garrett did a wonderful rendition of Sister Margerite in The Pacifier.

It may also be because I just learned the the Duluth Playhouse will be putting on a production of this Rodgers and Hammerstein musical. I simply must see it. If only I had known earlier! I could have auditioned! SNAP.

Oh well. I just might have to go borrow the two-VHS package from a friend ASAP. Let me know your favorite Sound of Music moments.

'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...