Google+

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Hunger Games Trailer

You may have heard that the MTV Video Music Awards promoted the Hunger Games movie trailer on their show Sunday night. And when I say that, I mean that the Hunger Games movie trailer promoted the VMAs Sunday night.

Seriously, who would watch if the Hunger Games trailer wasn't being played? That was their main advertising tactic, too.

I know you've been waiting for my reaction of the trailer, so here it is, in a nutshell, of course.


Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! I cannot wait until March 23rd, 2012. I'm probably going to go to the midnight showing. I'm not kidding.

Initially, I was super against this movie, yet I was still kind of intrigued. So maybe I sat on the imdb.com website waiting for the Hunger Games newsdesk to get a new article. Maybe I was mad when the main actors were announced. At one point, I ranted to a friend that no book ever should be made into a movie. I believe one quote I said was, "Casting directors can do a mock cast all they want. I just don't want those stubby actors in my head when I'm reading the books." I was bent on sending a bill to the Capitol myself. But then... well... you know...

I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE.

I have low expectations for any movie that I look forward to, in secretly hoping it will be all that I dreamed of and more. This first glimpse is all I needed. How do I know this? Well, just look at it!

1.) They used a true-to-page scenario for the trailer. (This may be a clever ploy, but I'm hoping otherwise.)

2.) Jennifer Lawrence is amazing. She's perfect. The perfect essence of the character. But her hair needed to be brown, which it is. Good. Those letters paid off.

3.) The marketing team used the mockingjay symbol for the movie. Since it worked so well with the books, good for them! :) I'm happy with just using the raw book cover too, if you must know! Just keep the story straight!

Anyway, I digress. It looks super good and may have made me smile a little bit... or a lot. But don't think that this is going to let you off easy, Gary Ross. You still got a whole lot more editing to do before I actually turn the other cheek for this movie.

The only bad part, you ask? (Haha. You guys know me too well.) LIAM HEMSWORTH is the WORST GALE EVER. I'm glad he's not in the first book a lot. Maybe they'll change actors for when he really gets into the story. (Ahem... I hope that happens before Mockingjay.) I just hope they don't infuse him into the first movie plot like they said they would. That would be terrible. Voice-overs should be the greatest extent of his presence. Just saying.


Isn't it wonderful?

'Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH YES!!! We are so on the same page about this. Everything looks great about this movie EXCEPT Liam Hemsworth. WORST GALE EVER IS RIGHT!!!! He isn't even attractive. :P And gosh he can't really act either. Gale was my second favorite character in the series (behind Katniss) and now he is totally getting ruined in my head by LH. Grrrr... I posted my reaction footage yesterday on my blog if you want to check it out. Anyway I'm so going to the midnight premier too! I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...