Google+

Sunday, September 18, 2011

book review: confessions of a shopaholic by sophie kinsella

Confessions of a Shopaholic is a fantastic movie. It has an amazing soundtrack, a marvelous story, and a lovable protagonist. The main song from it, "Calling You" by Kat Deluna, gets me everytime:


Smashing! But the movie is nothing like the book. And when I say "nothing," I mean nothing. Without further to do, my review:

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

 
Rebecca Bloomwood is a financial contradiction. Why? 1.) She writes for Successful Saving, a bigtime financial publication. 2.) She's up to her eyeballs in debt.
Set in the UK, Confessions of a Shopaholic is the tale of how much fun debt can be. Dodging debt collectors, finding time to shop, and getting by on a small-time writer's salary all comes into play for Rebecca as she ventures to explore her friendships, romantic relationships, and love affair with any designer label. How will she get out of debt? THAT is the question...
 
So it has the same premise. Way different plotlines, though. That being written, you need to read this book. As you may know by now, I'm a huge advocate for reading books that have movie titles already attached to them, simply because they can be so different from the movie. Such is the case with Confessions of a Shopaholic. It blew me away with all the differences that the plot takes and the change in some characters' roles. It also made me appreciate some tactics made by the filmmakers as well. Plus, I really enjoyed it. It's a win-win-win situation, I guess!

I really don't want to give too much away, so I'll stop right there with the details of the story. Instead, I'll pick up with my personal enjoyment of the book. You see, I have this friend named Anna. She loves to read, make clothes, do a whole lot of creative stuff, shop, spend money, all that stuff. She's pretty neat. Anyway, she told another one of my friends to read this book because this is her (Anna). 

On that key, have any of you guys found book characters that remind you completely of an aquaintance or yourself? Do you model some of your characteristics after fictional characters? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Leaving off, you need to read Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...