Google+

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Extremely Extravagent Life

I had the extreme privilege to indulge in caviar today. Fancy, right? I know! Since I know you're all dying to know what it tastes like, I'll just have to tell you, being the connoisseur of fine caviar that I am. (That's sarcasm, by the way.)

This is herring caviar from the big lake in my "back yard." Hahaha! It's not black like sturgeon caviar, but golden. It has the texture of tapioca because it's fish eggs. Weird, right?

Well, to tell the truth, it tasted a little fishy. My friend who tried it with me said, "It tastes like I'm licking a fish!" And another person found a scale in hers. The small price of tasting the best. Hahaha! No. It was definitely fishy.

Now, I know what you're saying. "Why did you eat more than a taste of it, then?" First, good question. Second, it kind of grows on you... it's weird. Yeah. I couldn't even try it at first. When I finally got up the courage, I slathered a bit on a cracker and just... ate it. It was like a mix between extremely salty and even a little savory, in my "professional" opinion. I couldn't wrap my mind around it, though. I had to taste more.

I slathered some on another cracker. Then, I had to write down my comments on it, but I COULDN'T! Weird. It wasn't too bad, so I just thought without a cracker would help. I decided to just grab a spoon. (This is where my new-found knowledge comes in. Evidently, mother of pearl spoons are the best for caviar tasting, according to another taste-tester.) Mine was plastic. I took the tiniest little bit and ate it. This one was really salty. I scribbled down some comments.

I guess what I have to say is that everyone should taste caviar in their life at some point. It's definitely an experience. In other words, put it down on your bucket list.

So now I can check off going to the movies alone and eating caviar.

2 down, 998 to go!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...