Google+

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Recess

Do you remember (I don't know) ten years ago when they used to have "1 Saturday Morning" on Saturday mornings?! It was like the best conglomeration of cartoons ever. Well, if you recall it and even if you don't, you may also recall Recess. Take a look...


SO CLASSIC. Epic even. If you haven't seen it, I suppose I could give a brief synopsis for you, since I do know all the characters' names and all...

Following the playground follies of 3rd Street Elementary School's it-gang, Recess is a cartoon that not only reveals the meaning of childhood but the meaning of life. It does such through the stock characters of TJ Dettweiler, Vince LaSalle, Mickey Blumberg, Ashley Spinelli, Gretchen Grundler, and Gus Griswald, along with some other loveable characters. Spinning moral tales of humor and fun as the gang provides entertainment to the other recess kids, vanquishes (and on occasion helps) the foe of Ms. Murriel P. Finster and her trusty sidekick Randall, and promotes peace in the cruel world of playground politics, this is a show every youngster can appreciate.


At least I know I did! Recently (at the end of this past summer), my brothers and I went on a binge of watching the shows. Only one of us (I won't say who) watched all 127 episodes. Quite impressive, no? But it really is that good! Again, if you haven't seen it, you really should. I would even go to such lengths to say it was an essential building block of my childhood, as well as many others'.

So why not watch an episode? What could it hurt, really?

This one's one of my favorites, probably because the concept of the "Ashleys" is too funny and too true. Go on! Take a gander! You know you want to!


Did I tell you or did I tell you? Now go tell a friend, and if you watched Recess as a "kinder", go on and tell me! :)

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...