Google+

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Hunger Games Trailer - Part 5 - Settings

As many of you know, I've been on the fence about how The Hunger Games movie will be. I think the trailer is yet another signifier of this love-hate relationship. Thus, below will be, first, the trailer itself for your viewing pleasure and, second, my comprehensive look at what works and what doesn't, in my opinion, taking into account the book's technicalities and descriptions. This post will be distributed among the rest of the week.


The final installment of my posts is here! Today, we're talking about setting, so get your riding cap on! It's gonna be a bumpy ride... Okay, just kidding. I'm doing only one setting.

District 12: Well, let's just start this post on a negative note. I'm not impressed with their District 12. "Why?" would be the next common question, would it not? First off, it looks like Abraham Lincoln was born in those houses. More than anything, they're quaint. They may be drafty, but some hunting shacks up in this "neck of the woods" are less lush than those. And I'm pretty sure people decorate their houses with pictures of little villages like that and wish to live in "simpler times." Am I wrong? And I never thought there would be so much free space and air in an oppressed society. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure District 12 is supposed to be a pit (beside Victor's Village) because of all the coal dust everywhere, making the ground unideal for planting. And what about that fence? Are you cereal, people? It's supposed to be hard for her to get out... or at least look realistic that it could hold people in. Yes, I see the sign. Still, even with electricity, even I (the most unstealthy individual in the history of the world) could escape. And do I have to remind them that it has to be right on the edge of the forest? Book 2. She's stuck on the other side of the fence. She climbs a tree and then drops to the other side. Lush, picturesque, quaint. I don't think they should describe District 12. Maybe it's just me.
The Arena: I really can't wait to see the rest of it. It looks interesting right now. I'll have to see later...

Okay, there's more but District 12 is the only thing I had a comment on. Plus, I'd be lying if I said I wanted to continue on with commenting on the same trailer each day. So I'm moving on. Thanks for reading and...

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...