Google+

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Library

This post will be in response to this question, as posted on my blog yesterday.

Yes, it's true. Yesterday was the first time I've ever checked out a book from the library. I know what you're all thinking. "HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?!?! D:" Haha! :) Well, I'll tell you, it's really hard. Well, kind of.

See, I have this thing where I'm afraid I'll wreck the library's books. That drives me away pretty fast in the first place. Second, I don't want to be held accountable if I, say, spill red kool-aid all over the books pages. (Somebody borrowed one of my books once and accidentally did this. It was an accident.) Therefore, I have never checked out books in my name. Other people's? YES. I steal books after one of my friends read them, with promise that I return them after I finish reading them. I check them out in one of my brothers' names. If it was in high school, I would just say I'd return it later and take it with me. I steal my mom's library card...

This brings me to another point. I don't have a library card, which would make sense because of what's said above. I just don't think that... well... I really don't need one. I guess I just don't frequent the library that often. I read up on books online, and then if I see a book that really sparks my interest, I just go and buy it at Barnes and Noble. Plus, I borrow a lot of books from my friends. Like. A. LOT. I have at least ten on my checkered table right now that I'm supposed to be reading that are borrowed. But I'm on a reading break now, so I haven't really been reading them.

But, yes. Yesterday was the first time I checked out a book that can be traced back to my name. Pathetic? Maybe. Impressive? Yes. :)

Trust me, dear friends. It's possible. Thanks for the question, Julia!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...