Google+

Monday, November 28, 2011

Music Monday: Christmas Classics

As everyone knows, we are knee deep in the...

Most commercial time of the year/when the Black Friday shoppers line up for their TVs and sip lattes away!/It's the most commercial time of the year...

At any rate, the Holiday season is up and running (for real this time, though.) Why? Well, radio stations are slowly switching over to their beloved Christmas classics. The Crosby, Carpenter, and even contemporary artists are beginning to throw their songs in the mix.While some of them are rather catchy, keep in mind, *ahem* Justin Bieber, *Cough* that just because you're appearing on the Christmas tree lighting in Rockefeller Center does not mean you're song is going to be a "megahit" (or even featured on the television special). SO! My mom and I were having a discussion as to which is the Christmas song that best exemplifies the cheer of the holiday season. (For this contest, we left out the religious ones, just so we're clear.)

She cast her vote with "We Need a Little Christmas" by the cast of Mame. "It's just the best," she says. Here's that one is for you...



While Angela Lansbury is to be praised for her accomplishments, I voted against it. I said "Merry Christmas Darling," by the Carpenters. Here you go...


You may recall from previous posts that I'm a bit bias by the beautiful melodious tones of Ms. Karen there, but for cereal. It's the best. In my giant stack of sheet music (seriously, it's heaping) I actually found this song. I've been playing it ever since. A whole two days. Yes sirreee! I cherish those past days of playing that song. *Sigh*

P.S. Don't mention Lea Michele's (I don't even care enough about her name to look up the spelling!) rendition of this holiday classic. She butchered it. 

And so, dear reader, what is your vote for the ideal holiday song? And did you go Black Friday shopping? I did. Spent less than $10 on $20 of merchandise... for myself. What? It was a "Treat Yo' Self" day. Please share in the comments below! (Maybe even a link to the song on Youtube would be good too!) :)

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...