Google+

Sunday, November 6, 2011

They don't do daylight savings in Arizona.

I was amazed to hear that there are some states in the U.S. that don't do daylight savings time! I honestly and utterly couldn't believe it. Not because they don't do it. I could easily not do it too. It's that only 2 out of 50 do it! How could one state just choose not to? I was amazed that this has been unkept until now.


For the record, these are the U.S. territories that don't do it:  Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo nation), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and America Somoa. I suppose it's much different nearer to the equator, though. Here, we need the time to be adjusted for daylight in the summer, so we actually get some exposure to the sun. We're pale enough as it is! Was Ben Franklin a tanning fanatic? He was probably the colonial Snooki. "There's Ben again. 5 o'clock and out tanning already! Maybe we should just pass that Daylight Savings Time bill. Then I wouldn't have to wake up to his bare belly every summer morn."


The upside? In fall we get an extra hour of sleep! Yippee!

The downside? In spring we lose an hour of sleep. Yuck.

Basically, I don't blame those states for not doing daylight savings time. It doesn't make much difference. I wonder what Ben Franklin's response to it was when Arizona told him they weren't doing it. Oh, wait. He wasn't around when Arizona was there...

Either way, I'm learning new stuff everyday! I hope you are too!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...