Google+

Friday, January 27, 2012

Neat "Bittersweet" Treat

Hey fellow pupils!

You'll remember (from my last post, obviously) that I read Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. So good!

Anyway, just before every chapter started was a rather representative cupcake that Hudson would supposedly sell at Hurley's diner. Long story short, my mouth was watering nearly the whole time reading. In turn, I needed a cupcake, and I needed a cupcake NOW! Pronto, amigo. Grab me los cupcakes.

But there wasn't a cupcake. Well... it took a week, but I finally got around to making one rendition of a Hudson/Ockler original.

The one I made:

Chapter 5: Opportunity Knocks You on Your Butt Cupcakes: Vanilla cupcakes baked over a blend of chopped pineapples, butter, and brown sugar inverted on a warm plate and served with vanilla bean ice cream.

Sounds amazing, right?

Well, here's what my version looked like: YUM! It tasted even better than it looked! It was warm. The ice cream was cold. The pineapple was the perfect side! :D <--- cupcakes make me happy.


With the left-over cupcakes, I made some birthday cupcakes for myself. :)





P.S. My 21-year-old brother's birthday was a few weeks ago. I thought I should share this picture of his cake...


Hahahahaha! So funny!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...