Google+

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Resolute Desks

I'm admittedly not one for New Year's resolutions. Let's face it, I'm a procrastinator at meeting my own goals. I'd like to think it's because I'm too busy helping other people with theirs, but that would be a lie. I'm just lazy.


So now that I have this nifty blog, why not set those pesky little phrases that I call goals into motion? Right? Well, we'll see if this helps anyway. Thanks, Jana, for this idea. ;)

Resolution: noun: a firm decision to do or not to do something.

I. Have one day a week where I don't look at a screen of any sort. This is harder than I previously thought. But I figure my eyes will forgive me for the torture I've put them through as I shuffled from computer to television to iPod all too much in the past months if I do it. Which brings me to my next point...
II. Read some classic novels. Do I need to tell you that I have a stack of Wuthering Heights and Tale of Two Cities and all those other classic novels sitting on my checkered table? I need to read them. Ahhh! I doubt I'll get through three of them in the year, though. Oh well.
III. Get at least 1,000 followers on my parody twitter. I thought it would be so easy, especially because I share the account with a classmate. It needs to happen though for my self-esteem's sake.
IV. Start a daily devotional. This is something that seems so trivial. I should have one by now, but I'm lazy. I need to do that.
V. Get involved with a Christian organization at school.
VI. Make some friends. I'm lacking in this department. Who knew that an introverted reader/writer/blogger would want friends?
VII. Finish my novel. I started this in September. When was that? 4 months ago? I'm still on my first draft. It's harder than I thought. I WILL PREVAIL!
VIII. Finish my play. Did I tell you guys I'm penning a play as well? I'm not sure if I'm going to actually have it be a play or musical yet. If it's a musical, the libretto's done. I just need some musical talent. We'll see. I have to solidify the plot first. It needs something.
IX. Be involved in the community. If I want to be a city planner, I should probably get on this ASAP just so I can get a feel for the environment and have some minor experience under my belt. Summer sounds like a good time to do this.
X. Be kinder. I think everyone should do this.
XI. Be a better brother.
XII. Witness to people. This is one of the biggest because I feel that a lot of my close friends are unsaved even though they're "good" people. I was challenged the other day with this: If I really care about someone, I should share the gospel with them. There is such a thing as "loving someone to hell," too.

That's about all I could think of at this very moment. I wish you all a happy and healthy new year! :)

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...