Google+

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

cover redesign: bittersweet by sarah ockler


Above is my latest cover redesign, inspired by Sarah Ockler's Bittersweet. The original cover, below, leaves something to be desired and is, for some audiences, confusing. For the cover, I wanted to include two major elements that are important to the journey of the story - figure skating and cupcakes. I also really wanted to take a whack at the newest trend in cover design. These skinny letters draped over pictures is EVERYWHERE, guys! Skinny, tall letters is a trend, no less, but it's finally coming to fruition in the new releases section of bookstores. I kinda like how this one turned out.


Did you like what you saw here? Or maybe you didn't. Let me know below! If you have any books that you'd like to see a redesign for, you can also post suggestions. Classics, history, fiction... you name it. I'd be more than willing to accommodate! ;)

'Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I totally missed this cover change! LOVE IT! Especially the little cupcake art at the bottom. SO PERFECT FOR THIS BOOK! :D

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...