Google+

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

cover redesign: fixing delilah by sarah ockler


For this week's Cover Redesign, I'm sharing one that I actually created while putting together Bittersweet's redesign from last week - a redesign for Sarah Ockler's Fixing Delilah. I was planning to do a total cover overhaul of Ockler's complete collection to date much like Sarah Dessen's books were completely redesigned last year. However, I hadn't read The Book of Broken Hearts yet (unfortunately), and the Twenty Boy Summer cover just didn't jive with the others... so maybe I'll release those later when I finally get around to working on them a bit more. But rather than leaving this beaut chillin' on my computer like a villain, I thought I'd bring it along for some sunlight today. Because, as it turns out, Wednesday is cover redesign day.
Fixing Delilah is largely about the family and, as it turns out, the physical belonging of Delilah's family in Delilah Hannaford's grandparents' home, which is representative of the physicality of many relationships we have. So that's what I focused on here, specifically using an image that I could picture as her grandparents' house in the book - old and super picturesque. You can compare it to the original cover below. Tell me what you think, and thanks for stopping by!


Did you like what you saw here? Or maybe you didn't. Let me know below! If you have any books that you'd like to see a redesign for, you can also post suggestions. Classics, history, fiction... you name it. I'd be more than willing to accommodate! ;)

'Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so I totally didn't realize that YOU were the one creating these covers. I was so confused for a second when I couldn't find any information on Sarah Ockler's books getting a redesign. Ummmm YOU ARE SO TALENTED. These are so professional looking. Totally had me fooled. This is awesome. I totally think you should redesign the Twenty Boy Summer cover too! :D

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess I should've clarified it better. But thanks; I think I'm going to finish the Twenty Boy Summer one for next week! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...