Google+

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

cover redesign: the truth about forever by sarah dessen

            Okay guys, so it's probably been about a year since I first picked up The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, which I completely and utterly loved. And when I was thinking about coming up with a cover redesign meme for posting, I instantly thought of this book. Truth, like every other book in Dessen's collection, has such strong imagery that I definitely wanted to incorporate something with Wes's art in the book, the "heart in the hands" lawn art he makes. I also wanted to include something with Wish catering, her mom's job as a real estate developer, and her dad and all that kind of stuff, but the cover would end up looking like a decoupage collage of everything and anything, which would be awful. I ended up with this:



So what do you think? I kind of laughed because after I'd finished it, I saw this article (HERE) on this trend of using grass on book covers; who knew it was such a big thing in 2009? Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy it.

Do you want to see a different book cover redesigned? Comment below. I just may get around to it.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...